What this blog is for:

At this blog, we (Sara and Kyle) post when we update our private blog so you (people we know) can follow this blog with your RSS feed (google reader etc) or by email (see gadget below on the right) and know when we update stuff. If you want to be invited to our other blog, just leave a comment on a post. We don't want to exclude people we know, just people we don't. Happy reading!!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Party... Chemistry style

Some of my chem friends decided to get together to watch a goofy movie after our finals ended. I was looking forward to some nice relaxing chill time. It was definitely fun and entertaining (my friends even more than the movie- one knew all the words and two sang along sometimes), but not quite as relaxing as I had expected. People commented on the laws of buoyancy violated in the river-floating scene, debated over whether the gloves the characters wore were latex or nitrile, and disputed the presence of carbonyl peaks in the clouds. Call me a slacker, but I'm totally okay with not mentioning chemistry related topics while watching a mindless movie after finals.

Actually, I lied. That was probably my favorite part: the nerdy jokes. That's why I love those people- their simultaneous coolness and nerdyness and total self-acceptance. While watching that movie in a basement classroom of the chemistry building, I realized I'm definitely going to miss them this summer- nitrile gloves and all.

4 comments: