What this blog is for:

At this blog, we (Sara and Kyle) post when we update our private blog so you (people we know) can follow this blog with your RSS feed (google reader etc) or by email (see gadget below on the right) and know when we update stuff. If you want to be invited to our other blog, just leave a comment on a post. We don't want to exclude people we know, just people we don't. Happy reading!!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

welcome back to vegas, with a bang

Provo this morning before I left: (77 degrees)

It was a perfectly warm and sunny spring day. The birds were warbling away among the leafy green trees dotted with flowers. As I walked down the sidewalks lined with freshly mowed grass, I passed smiling students excited to graduate in a few hours. The only flashing lights I saw were the tow trucks looking out for unsuspecting parents picking up their children.

....6 hour drive through the dusty, windy desert......

Vegas when I got home: (96 degrees)

As my family was finishing up dinner, we heard a slew of sirens rush past the back of our house. We ran out back to see a police helicopter circling our neighborhood My dad (who had just left) called the house and told us a cop car had just turned onto our street. We retreated back inside. My brother grabbed his BB gun and took the dog out front. "Don't go outside with that BB gun while that police helicopter's out there!" my mom shouted at him. My brother came back inside (unscathed) and we've all returned to life as normal while listening to the helicopter and cars chase some villan in our neighborhood.

That's a Vegas "Welcome Home!" all right

No comments:

Post a Comment